Thursday, September 18, 2008

That's my girl -- My whole world. But that ain't my truck. - Rhett Akins

This summer we went to the Demolition Derby in New Egypt. Typically, while they were doing their warm up laps, before the first race, which was before the actual Demo, the sky opened up, "like a cow pissin' on a flat rock" as they say in the cuntry. This is when I first heard the song, "That Ain't My Truck". Tanya pointed it out first before I had really processed the words. Truthfully, I still didn't really get it. I thought it was about some guy who loves his girl, but not as much as his truck. But when I got home, we looked it up here. It's no Rakim, but there's some scrapple-fried genius in that storytelling. And that's the kind of genius we witnessed here at the Demo. Truly, they're poets.

If Done = "A good thing", then R=?
A. cigarette
B. lady
C. the race
D. piping cheese into hot dogs



Randy Moss has a NASCAR team, and Ice Cube has a Demo Derby team.



"Danger" is her LAST name, her middle name is PiƱata.


The family that prays together, stays together.

She explained to me that he had some sort of boil or cyst on the inside of his arm, and "it hurt like hell!" "I'll bet," I said. Duct tape. Genius.


The thigh says, "Bed Rock Bully" and I'm pretty sure the driver's real name was Billy Rubble.

I don't know what's in the tea, but they can't seem to get enough of it.

When the announcer ordered everyone off the grand stand, and it started raining sheets, we all took cover near the concessions. As we made a break for the car, I heard someone yell to a group behind us, "It's probably not smart to hide under the metal bleachers!" 

No comments: